As communications professionals reaching out to waterfront property owners, we feel very strongly that materials delivered to docks need to be presented in a responsible manner. Delivering materials in a sloppy, haphazard, or inconsiderate fashion is not fair to the Muskoka environment, to the property owners, or to the advertisers. As such, we commit to the following:
• Materials will be delivered in a watertight, sealed container such as a clear plastic bag. Bags will be a minimum of 4 mm thick to prevent piercing, and will be reusable or recyclable.
• Delivery staff will not step out of their boat or enter private property.
• Delivery staff will not intrude on an individual’s private space. If the dock is occupied when delivery takes place, our materials will only be delivered with permission.
• Materials will be fastened to a dock ladder, mooring cleat, or some other part of the dock using a non-intrusive fastener such as a twist tie. Permanent fasteners, such as staples, are not acceptable. Fasteners will be sufficient to hold the materials in place during a wind storm, but will be easily removed.
• Materials of sufficient weight may be placed carefully on a dock without additional fasteners, provided that the materials are flat and offer little wind resistance. Materials will be tested for wind resistance before distribution.
• We will offer property-owners a point of contact should they not wish to receive the materials. Property owners will need to provide a clear way to identify their property, ideally including GPS coordinates.
Should you have any questions or concerns about our distribution methods, please contact us.
If you wish to stop receiving Dockside magazine, please help us identify your dock. GPS co-ordinates are the best way for us to identify your dock with precision. Take a reading from the dock itself, rather than from the cottage.
In the absence of GPS coordinates, supply the following information:
• Name of your lake
• Name of your bay or island (if any)
• Specific details about your location (ie “Northwest point of island” or “Third cottage west of the river mouth”)
• Identifying features of your dock, boathouse or cottage that distinguish it from your neighbours.
Please contact us or call us at 705-681-0709. We will make every effort to stop delivery to your dock while still delivering to your neighbours. If you receive the next issue of the magazine, that means we have inadvertently stopped delivery to a different dock – please contact us right away so that we can correct the error.
- Click to see our distribution map -
PICK-UP BOX LOCATIONS
©Dockside Publishing 2018. All rights Reserved.